Twitter chats, sometime known as tweet chats, occur when a group of people tweet about the same topic using a specific tag, known as hashtag (#) that allows the conversation to be followed online. The chats take place at a specific time and topics are defined in advance. We use the hashtag #avazchat for our twitter chats.
You’ll need a Twitter account to join a chat. To sign up, visit twitter.com. There are several ways to view a chat as it is happening:
• Go to twitter.com and type in the hashtag you want to follow (e.g., #avazchat) in the search bar. You will see a list of every tweet that uses the hashtag, with the most recent tweets on top.
• Third-party tools (outside of twitter.com) are also available. Tweetdeck and Tweetchat are two options.
Tweet chats typically last for 60 minutes. A moderator will start the chat to introduce guest speakers and provide an overview of the agenda. A specific amount of time is allocated to each topic, followed by an open mic for follow-up questions and idea sharing. Participants are encouraged to submit questions prior to the event by e-mailing to email@example.com or by directing the question to our twitter handle @avazapp and by using the hashtag #avazchat on twitter. Due to time constraints, not all questions may be addressed during the chat.
• Stay on Topic. When you join a chat, be aware of the topics being discussed. If you ask a guest or moderator a question, stay on topic. Don’t use the hashtag unless your tweet is on topic.
• Use the hashtag. If you ask a question or respond to someone in a chat, always include the hashtag so everyone can be in on the conversation. Services like Tweetchat.com automatically add the hashtag for you.
• Share. Share tweets from within the chat with your network by retweeting or by commenting. Let your followers know you’ll be participating in a chat advance so they know you’ll be active during the time period. (They might also want to join the chat.)
• Don’t be a self promoter. Don’t use someone else’s tweet chat stream to market your product or services.
Policy & Terms:
Participants of the Avaz App Twitter Chat may not post or link to any content that is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or that would infringe on any third party’s rights (including copyrights and other intellectual property rights) or content that otherwise violate any applicable law, rules or regulations. Any information that you post becomes publicly available and may be viewable by any visitors to the site. Participants must also agree to twitters Terms of Service.